Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Professor by special appointment: Diversifying Philosophy
Are you a philosopher with a passion for academic teaching and research in diversifying philosophy? If so, please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 8 - 8 uur
- € 2500 - € 2500 per maand
The chair for “Diversifying Philosophy” will contribute to diversifying academic philosophy and making this diversity visible to a broader audience. The professor by special appointment preferably does so through research and teaching in the field of non-Western philosophy.
- you will develop and teach a course in the Bachelor of Philosophy and/or a relevant Master track, preferably in the field of non-Western philosophy
- you will do research, preferably in the field of non-Western philosophy, resulting in publications in academic journals and academic lectures, and (preparing) grant applications
- you undertake activities for valorization in the field of your research and teaching, e.g. in the shape of public lectures
- you have a PhD in philosophy and enjoy a good research reputation, as shows from publications in (national and) international media
- you have ample experience in leading philosophy research projects and supervising PhD students
- you have demonstrable experience in translating the results of your research for a broader audience
- you have ample teaching experience and are an inspiring teacher
- you have excellent command of the English language
ConditionsThis chair by special appointment (“bijzondere leerstoel”) is a rotating chair. Appointment will be for a period of 2,5 years, with the possibility of a second appointment for another 2,5 years. This chair is non-salaried and is supported with an annual bench fee of € 2.500,-.
As desired by the chair holder, work for this chair can either be concentrated in a couple of shorter periods, or spread over the entire period. The appointment is for 8 hours a week on average. In accordance with VU policy, this chair is open only to external candidates.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 12 December 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Marije Martijn
Position: afdelingshoofd Filosofie
Telephone: +31 20 59 86690
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature