Are you a technician with broad technical interest? Would you like to be responsible for supplying daily support to a team working at the frontiers of science, alternating hands-on work with out-of-the-lab responsibilities, with open attitude towards learning and teamwork? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2835 - € 3895 per maand
The right candidate will give technical support for the Biophotonics & Medical Imaging group and has preferably the following expertise and skills: a good knowledge of optics, conversion of lab bench devices into medical devices, optical design using ZEMAX software, speciality in fiber splicing with Large Diameter Splicer (LDSII, 3SAE technologies), optical tissue phantom manufacture, laser safety, lab design, and lab management.
- take responsibility for the design and fabrication of small optical (endoscopy), mechanical, and electronic devices
- contribute to the selection of new equipment and take the responsibility for regular maintenance of existing (laser) equipment
- support and instruct students in the use of high end equipment such as microscopy setups, glass work station and fiber splice equipment
- assist in the translation of lab bench devices into safe medical devices, including engineering measures and regulatory requirements
- contribute to basic administrative tasks of the group
- a degree at a Polytechnic College (Physics) / ’HBO technische natuurkunde’ or Master in Physics
- knowledge and experience with ZEMAX software
- excellent Dutch and good English language communications skill
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organisation. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,835 (scale 9)
and a maximum €3,895 (scale 9), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalised benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 31 October 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. J.F. de Boer