3 dagen geleden - Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen - Amsterdam
Senior Researcher in Climate and Health
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties which span a wide range of disciplines, as well as several institutes, foundations, research centres, and support services. Its campus is located in the fastest-growing economic region in the Netherlands (the Zuidas district of Amsterdam), and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 24 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Human Movement Sciences is seeking a senior researcher who is an expert in thermal physiology and is passionate about education.
The candidate will have 90% 0 of his/her time dedicated to research and 10% to education.
Research is related to the ZonMw project Pilotonderzoek Klimaat en gezondheid that was granted recently. The project addresses four issues in a team with GGD, RIVM, Maastricht and Nijmegen University, Red Cross and TNO: 1 heat intolerance of elderly (experimental approach) 2 the impact of individual and environmental factors on health in the heat (epidemiologic approach) 3 factors affecting thermal behaviour in the heat (literature study) and 4 recommendations to reduce heat strain.
Education includes teaching exercise and thermal physiology and supervision of master thesis trajectories. The candidate will work in a new dedicated lab at the campus of the university.
- A track record in research regarding climate and health;
- A demonstrated interest in applying physiological knowledge to health sciences;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Affinity with epidemiological and social psychological research methods;
- Good writing skills and a solid publication track record;
- Good teaching skills – positive evaluation of students and staff;
- Excellent command of the English Language;
- International scientific network;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- Be willing to acquire a basic teaching qualification (‘BTQ’) as required by Dutch universities, if this qualification (or equivalent) has not been obtained already.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,826 (scale 12), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.6 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 2 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- possibility to save holiday hours, for sabbatical leave
- child daycare facilities available on campus
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button. Candidates should send a brief statement of research interests (up to 2 pages), and a curriculum vitae to prof. dr. Hein Daanen until 30 September 2021. Candidates should also ensure that a letter of recommendation, when applicable, is enclosed.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Hein Daanen