Several positions for Assistant/Associate/Full professors of Operations Research/Operations Management
Are you driven for research and teaching in (data-driven) operations research and operations management in a young, dynamic group? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 8371 per maand
We seek new colleagues who can contribute to building and extending the department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having impact, evidenced by publications in top international academic journals and collaborations with companies. Our teaching portfolio involves a variety of quantitative courses at bachelor, master and Ph.D. level and thesis supervision.
- doing innovative research and publishing this research in internationally leading journals
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students at all levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and together with your colleagues
- depending on your experience, contributing to the management of the department or school
We are looking for candidates with
- a solid background in quantitative research
- having a (nearly) completed PhD thesis in Operations Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related fields
- a strong interest in analyzing and modelling real-life problems in logistics and operations using state-of-the-art quantitative methods witnessed by international scientific publications
- good teaching and communication skills to interact successfully with students, industry, and academic partners
- proficiency in English
ConditionsWe offer challenging positions in an international and ambitious research group.
Depending on the candidates’ merits and career stage, the positions may be filled as (tenured) assistant professor, associate professor or full professor. The initial employment contract for assistant professors will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). In case of excellent performance, earlier tenure decisions are possible. For associate and full professors tailored contracts will be agreed upon.
Gross monthly salaries are based on qualifications and experience and are set in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a relocation allowance
- you may also be eligible for a favorable tax ruling for high-skilled expats (the socalled 30% ruling), which means that 30% of the salary is free of taxes, resulting in a higher net salary
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your your motivation letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, and a research and teaching statement until 17 January 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Wout Dullaert
Position: Head of departement of Operations Analytics