Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Hogeschool Windesheim - Zwolle
Student Advisor Department of Computer Science / Studieadviseur Informatica
As Student Advisor CS you will be jointly responsible to advise the students who follow one of the Bachelor programmes of the Department of Computer Science. …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
As Student Advisor CS you will be jointly responsible to advise the students who follow one of the Bachelor programmes of the Department of Computer Science. Currently, we offer three BSc programmes in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Information Sciences, with a total of around 1000 students. The Student Advisor will collaborate with the Teaching Coordinator and Programme Directors, who are responsible for the content of the various programmes. The necessary tasks will be effectively divided between you and current student advisor will be temporarily available to support you in the beginning phase.
Jointly with the other members of the teaching organization, you will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Advising students w.r.t their choices of courses (including theses, minors, international visits) within their respective study programme, as well as providing guidance for the overall study career.
• Monitoring the advance of students, and supporting them in case of problems that are related to the study.
• Supporting students who require individual regulations
• Transferring students to support services, particularly the student psychologist and “dekaan”.
• Providing support to the examination committee, including advising as well as assessing individual course packages.
• Participating in the teaching teams and programme committees in order to help improve the quality of the teaching programmes.
• Organising student advise, and setting up an efficient and effective administration for optimally supporting our students.
We actively support applicants who are interested to combine student advise with other academic tasks relevant to our study programmes. According to qualifications, this could include direct involvement in teaching (programming courses, academic courses, or teaching coordination or management).
We are looking for a candidate who is well organised and has an eye for detail, and who has a desire to help us provide the possible support for our students. We expect an academic degree and work experience within an academic teaching environment. Note that English is the teaching language within the department, and demonstrated English language proficiency will be required. Still the ability to speak and write in Dutch is a necessity. Furthermore, you need:
• to have good communication skills and be able to work both individual as well as in a small team responsible for the educational support of the Department.
• to have good coaching skills, affinity with (international) students and some experience with Computer Science related topics.
The initial appointment will be for a period of 1 year. After the first year the position will be evaluated and might be changed in a permanent position. You may find information about our excellent fringe benefits at www.workingatvu.nl.
• Remuneration of 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• Participation in a solid pension scheme (ABP);
• A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and range from a minimum of € 2640,00 gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 4166,00 gross per month (salary scale 10 CAO NU) based on a full-time employment.