3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Thesis supervisors in political science and public administration (BSc and MSc)
Are you a political or public administration scientist with an interest in teaching a diverse and international student community in the city of Amsterdam? Then, please apply for the position of tutorial teacher/thesis supervisor in the department of Political Science and Public Administration at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2836 - € 5211 per maand
The department of Political Science and Public offers bachelor programmes in Political Science and in Public Administration and Organization Science, as well as master programmes in Political Science, in Public Administration, and in Law and Politics of International Security. As thesis supervisor you will work in our department with a team of colleagues in the same role.
Supervising and assessing Bachelor theses (April-July) and/or Master theses (January-August).
In the role of thesis supervisor, you will offer a thesis project on a common theme and research method, and then guide a group of 8 to 12 students in their research for and writing of an individual bachelor thesis and/or a master thesis. You will have regular meetings with the group and with individual students, giving them advice and feedback on their drafts. At the end of the semester (end of June, beginning of July), you will grade the theses using a prepared format. Also, you will be 2nd assessor for an equal number of theses.
- A completed (or nearly completed) PhD degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or a closely related discipline
- Excellent research and writing skills
- The ability to work in a team as well as independently
- The ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
ConditionsThe salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of €2.790 gross per month (scale 10) up to a maximum of €5127 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a full-time employment. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system Docent 3 and 4 (UFO).
The appointment is from April up to including July for the supervision of Bachelor thesis and form January up to including August for the supervision of Master thesis.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
- homework- and commuting allowance
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Then apply via the application button below no later than 31 October 2021. Please upload your curriculum vitae and motivation letter.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Gjalt de Graaf
Position: Head of Department