Tutorial teachers / bachelor thesis supervisors (Political Science)
The Department of Political Science and Public Administration is looking for a tutorial teacher and supervisor for the Bachelor Thesis of the the international
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 8 - 16 uur
- € 2790 - € 5127 per maand
The position involves two closely related tasks: teaching a tutorial in April 2020 and supervising the writing of bachelor theses in May-June (with a retake opportunity in July).
- In the role of tutorial teacher, you will supervise a group (or two groups) of 4 students studying literature on a particular theme in political science
- In the role of thesis supervisor, you will guide the same group of students in their research for and writing of a bachelor thesis
- At the end of the semester (end of June, beginning of July), you will grade the theses using a prepared format
- A completed (or nearly completed) PhD degree in Political Science (or a closely related discipline);
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- The ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- The ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization, and an exciting opportunity to contribute to an ambitious and international bachelor programme with highly motivated students. You will receive guidance for your tasks by the PPE core staff.
The starting date is March 15, 2021 and the end date is 31 July, 2021 (4,5 months).
On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,491 (scale 10.5) and a maximum €4,402 (scale 11.5), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.2 FTE. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply (addressing your letter to Prof. Dr. Bastiaan van Apeldoorn Head of Studies PPE for Politics), via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 15 February 2021.
The job interviews are planned for the final week of February and will take place via Zoom, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Boris Slijper
Position: PPE Opleidingscoördinator
Telephone: + 31 (0)6 15011778