Two Assistant Professors In Marketing (Tenure Track)
Are you an ambitious and outstanding scholar in the field of Marketing? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We are looking for two new colleagues to build our strong research program and meet the growing teaching needs. The addition of new faculty members provides us with an opportunity to further enhance our ambition to be one of the top European marketing groups, where a collaborative spirit and intellectual curiosity are highly valued. We are looking for internationally oriented, ambitious and collegial scholars who share our passion for research and teaching, and are interested in colleagues with a quantitative or marketing strategy background, but also in good candidates with a more behavioral profile. Candidates are required to have a PhD in Marketing or related area (either completed or with a fixed date for the defense) at the start of the contract, and should be fluent in English.
- teaching in the BSc, MSc and at the executive level programs of the School of Business and Economics (courses to be discussed)
- conducting and supervising academic research (including PhD projects) aimed at top-tier journals in marketing and related fields
- contributing to the further development of the Marketing department
- earned or scheduled PhD in marketing or related fields
- an ambitious future research agenda
- demonstrated potential to establish a successful track record in research
- some experience in teaching in undergraduate and master program
ConditionsMost importantly, we are offering you a position in our collaborative and social group of academics, who support each other in going forward on the academic ladder. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11) and a maximum of €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. Please note the additional allowance and bonus noted below.
The initial employment contract will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of Tenure. The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a performance evaluation will take place. The Tenure Track Committee will review your file including the evaluation and advice on the continuation of your tenure track. In the fifth year, the Tenure Track Committee will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system SBE. Early reviews are possible.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae including a list of publications and cover letter before December 15, 2020. You may also e-mail Mr. Ingmar Leijen firstname.lastname@example.org with your package. We will review applications on a rolling basis from the moment of receiving, and the search will continue until the positions have been filled with a high-quality candidate. The starting date is September 2021, with earlier starts possible (and desirable).
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Peeter Verlegh
Position: Head of the department