Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Two Assistant Professors In Statistics
Are you a mathematician or statistician who is passionate about research and education?
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 5656 per maand
We are seeking new colleagues who are passionate about scientific research and education. Our department is looking for candidates with a proven expertise in statistics or mathematical data science. This may include (but is not restricted to) mathematical statistics, computational statistics, statistical learning, and statistical data science.
The appointed candidate is expected to carry out research in one of the current central areas of statistics or data science. We offer a position of Assistant Professor, which is initially a tenure track position for five years. After four years, based on transparent criteria, the tenure decision will be taken. The preferred starting date is on or before September 1, 2020.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply, see below.
The candidate will be expected to
- develop a research line in an area of statistics
- interact with and complement existing research activities in- and outside the department
- contribute to the teaching of the department, at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- show academic leadership nationally and internationally
- participate in departmental activities and tasks such as writing grant proposals
The successful candidate must have a PhD in mathematics or statistics, for example in the fields mentioned above, with a few years of postdoctoral experience. The candidate should
- have a strong research record, as witnessed by excellent publications, original research projects, and an international network
- be an inspiring lecturer
- have good communication and execution skills
- be fluent in English
- be willing to acquire a basic teaching qualification (‘BTQ’) as demanded by Dutch Universities, if this qualification (or equivalent) has not been obtained already
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. Based on full-time employment, and depending on experience, the gross monthly salary for an Assistant Professor ranges from € 3.389,- to € 5.656,- in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales 10, 11, or 12. The job profile (Universitair docent) is based on the Dutch university job ranking system and the position is available for 1.0-0.8 FTE. For exceptional, experienced candidates an appointment as associate professor is a possibility.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme • contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 10 December 2019. The job interviews are planned for early 2020.
Diversity is one of the core values of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The Department of Mathematics is committed to improving its gender balance. In view of the current composition of the department, in the first 4 weeks after the application deadline we will consider female candidates only. In case that does not lead to a hire, we will proceed to invite qualified male candidates for interviews.Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Harry van Zanten
Position: Professor of Statistics
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature