Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Two Lecturers in Political Science
Are you a political scientist with an interest in teaching a diverse and international student community in the city of Amsterdam? Then, please apply for the position of Lecturer in Political Science at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 5127 per maand
The Department of Political Science and Public Administration is committed to high quality academic education and research. Our educational programmes include political science (bachelor and master), governance and organisation (bachelor), public administration (master), philosophy, politics and economics (bachelor, with the faculties of Humanities and Economics), and law and politics of international security (master, with the Law Faculty). Our research is organized in two programmes: Multi-level governance and New modes of public governance. A central theme in our teaching and research in political science is the way in which domestic politics and international relations have become systematically interconnected.
We are seeking lecturers in Political Science with a specialisation in either international relations, comparative politics, or political theory. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic to teach a variety of courses in political science in our Bachelor (with the specialisations Global Politics and National Politics and Policy) and in our Master with three specialisations, possibly also including the VU Bachelor in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, and to supervise Bachelor and Master theses.
The positions are for the duration of fifty months, during which the candidate is given the opportunity to complete a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO). You’ll obtain the possibility to build a portfolio in education for carrier opportunities in various disciplines: teaching in higher education (HBO), policy making, education (WO) or education of professionals in the industry.
- teach and coordinate a variety of courses in political science at the bachelor and the master level
- take on managerial duties; member of the department-level teaching work groups, member of the programme committee, Member of the Examination Board, Year group coordinator
- actively contribute to the scholarly community of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration
Junior Lecturer (Docent 4): you must have completed a Master in political science and/or public administration, and a proven affinity with teaching.
Medior level Lecturer (Docent 3): you must have completed a PhD in political science, international political economy or International Relations or a related area and a proven affinity with teaching.
In addition, you must:
- be an inspiring lecturer
- have solid knowledge of International Relations or Political Science
- have strong communication skills
- be able to successfully collaborate in a team of staff members
- have an excellent command of the English language
- have a willingness to learn Dutch (for non-Dutch applicants)
ConditionsThe salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of €2.790 gross per month (scale 10) up to a maximum of €5127 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a full-time employment.
The job profile is based on the university job ranking system Docent 3 en 4 (UFO). Foreign candidates may be entitled to a 30% tax break, upon approval of the Dutch tax agency.
The successful candidate will ideally need to be able to start at the latest by 15 August 2021. The appointment will be for 50 months.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
• a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
• homework allowance of € 25
• optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Given the composition of the staff of the Department, we especially welcome applications by members of underrepresented groups.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Name: Prof. dr. Gjalt de Graaf
Position: Head of Department
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. Nana de Graaff
Position: Associate Professor of Political Science