Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
All round toxicologist food safety
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a scientist in the area of: toxicological assessment of chemical contaminants in food and feeddevelopment of animal-free models for safety testing In this position you will ...
- Bornsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a scientist in the area of:
- toxicological assessment of chemical contaminants in food and feed
- development of animal-free models for safety testing
You will work in a variety of ongoing research projects and will be expected to write scientific papers and reports, interact with stakeholders and acquire and manage new projects in the area of food toxicology.
- PhD in food safety or toxicology (ERT)
- Expertise with read across approaches and toxicokinetic (PBPK) modelling is a pre
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify crucial issues and translate this into recommendations for further research
- Good communications skills, a broad perspective and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and different projects
- Good writing, networking and acquisition skills, with a proven track record
- At least a basic understanding of the Dutch language, and eagerness to learn Dutch in a short time
ConditionsAn interesting and dynamic fulltime (36 hours a week) position as a scientific researcher, covering different topics, within a team of enthusiastic and involved colleagues. We offer a position for one year and possibilities for extension based on demonstrated performance. A more permanent position can be explored . We offer a salary based on position and experience (max € 4847,- gross per month) in combination with excellent secondary employment conditions.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact dr. Ad Peijnenburg (Group leader Toxicology) , phone +31 (0)317-480284 Ad.Peijnenburg@wur.nl) or dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (BU manager Toxicology, Novel Foods and Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.email@example.com).
Send your application through the webpage: https://www.wur.eu/career . Please submit your application before February 21, 2018.
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research performs independent research related to the safety and authenticity of food. We specialise in analytical research, the composition of food and feed products and related health effects. We also focus on food fraud issues and conduct forensic research. Our knowledge of food production chains and processes enables us to identify hazards and risks (new and existing) effectively. We advise government agencies as well as companies and provide training in areas of our expertise.
Wageningen University & Research
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus - each and every day. Within our domain of good and safe food & food production, food security and a healthy living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society - such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don't do this alone. Every day, 5000 people work on 'the quality of life', turning ideas into reality, on a global scale.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.eu/career.