Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant/Associate Professor in Synthetic Organic Chemistry (TT)
We are looking for an assistant professor or associate professor in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, to strengthen the chair group Organic Chemistry in the …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for an assistant professor or associate professor in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, to strengthen the chair group Organic Chemistry in the cluster Biomolecular Sciences of the Department of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences at Wageningen University. The position includes both research and teaching responsibilities.
In a challenging career trajectory you will be responsible for developing a strong research group that initiates and implements new research in synthesis of (bio-)organic compounds, with relevance to the field of synthetic biointerfaces. For example, the search for biologically active nanostructures and artificial cells is dependent on the availability of tailor-made organic functionalities that can be attached or incorporated at will. To this aim novel, complex (bio-)organic moieties need to be synthesized, frequently along unexplored routes. Such syntheses need to be efficient to obtain the desired molecules in sufficient amounts for subsequent embedding in or on nanostructures/artificial cells, or for biological testing. We expect you to set up your own synthetic organic chemistry-based research line, that should be complementary to the existing research areas within our laboratory.
You are expected to actively seek funding for new research projects via national and international grant opportunities. Other specific tasks include supervising the research of PhD candidates, postdocs, technical staff and thesis students, writing scientific publications, and presenting research results at international conferences. Guidance of graduate and undergraduate students and teaching analytical and organic chemistry at all levels of the curriculum (lectures, lab sessions, course development and course responsibility) are an essential part of the job. Training courses and coaching are provided for the new Assistant or Associate Professor to enhance teaching and other skills.
Information Tenure track Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University offers talented young scientists a challenging Tenure Track career trajectory. By introducing this trajectory, our aim is to attract top talent and to stimulate excellence.
From the position of Assistant/Associate Professor, candidates can grow into a Professor position, holding a personal chair in a manner solely determined by personal success. In addition, they will be given the chance to build up their own research line. It goes without saying that candidates will be intensively supervised and coached during the trajectory. Moreover, this transparent career path can lead to a permanent employment contract.
As Assistant/Associate Professor you are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist and a team player, devoted to research and education in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
You also have:
- � a successfully completed academic degree (MSc level)
- � a PhD in Organic Chemistry;
- � knowledge and expertise in the synthesis of complex (bio-)organic compounds, proven by an excellent list of publications;
- � experience with management of complex projects;
- � proven ability to acquire research funding (e.g. Rubicon/VENI/VIDI/TTW);
- � excellent communication skills;
- � didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- � experience with supervising PhD students, postdocs and technical staff;
- � an international network (essential for an Associate Professor).
ConditionsWe offer you as talented scientist a challenging career trajectory called Tenure Track. From the position of Assistant/Associate Professor you can grow into a Professor holding a Personal Chair. Of course training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated. You will also be given the chance to build up your own research line. We offer a temporary contract with the possibility of extension, for 38 hours per week. Gross salary: from € 3637,-. to € 4978,-. (Scale 11) for assistant professors up to € 5294,-. to € 6738,-. (Scale 14) for highly experienced associate professors, based on a full-time employment and dependent on expertise and experience.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
Additional informationAdditional information
For more information about this position, please contact prof. Han Zuilhof, e-mail: Han.Zuilhof@wur.nl For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Nicole de Vries, HR advisor, Nicole.email@example.com.
You can apply online at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm before 15 October 2019.
More positions in the field of of Chemistry, Physics & Engineering
Wageningen University & Research offers more special positions in the field of Chemistry, Physics & Engineering. Please take a look for more information about this positions at our special page: