Assistant Professor Behavioural Economics (Tenure Track)
Do you want to be a member of a young and dynamic team of researchers with a passion for understanding all economic aspects of firms in food supply chains? Do …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Do you want to be a member of a young and dynamic team of researchers with a passion for understanding all economic aspects of firms in food supply chains? Do you want to understand the behaviour of producers and develop societally relevant solutions that contribute to sustainability? The Business Economics Group at Wageningen University seeks candidates for a Tenure Track position in the domain of behavioural economics of firms in food supply chains. Responsibilities for this position include teaching courses on quantitative economic methods and business economics at undergraduate and graduate levels; the exact portfolio of courses depends on the specific experience and skills of the candidate. The candidate is expected to develop an internationally recognised research program in the domain, to generate external financial support for innovative research projects, and to undertake innovative education projects.
As an Assistant Professor in the Business Economics group you are expected to have:
- a PhD in (applied) economics or business economics;
- interest and expertise in addressing the behavioural economic dimensions of food supply chains;
- expertise in applying experimental methods and approaches is an advantage;
- preferably some years of experience in a similar position or as a postdoctoral researcher;
- proven ability to publish in peer reviewed scientific journals;
- the ability to work in international research teams;
- excellent (interpersonal) communication and writing skills;
- excellent didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students at BSc, MSc and PhD level.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € € 50,578 to a maximum of € 78,935 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 11-12).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function and procedure, please contact Alfons Oude Lansink, chair of Business Economics, telephone +31-317485194 or by e-mail; Alfons.email@example.com.
General information about Business Economics can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Business-Economics-Group.htm
Please don't send your application via e-mail, but apply online by uploading your CV and letter of motivation at www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm
This vacancy is open until October 15, 2019. The first job interviews will take place on October 22, 2019.