Associate/Assistant Professor in Software Engineering (Tenure Track)
Are you our new Associate or Assistant Professor who is experienced in Software Engineering and has a focus on Software Analytics? And do you want to …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 6940 - € 6940 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingAre you our new Associate or Assistant Professor who is experienced in Software Engineering and has a focus on Software Analytics? And do you want to strengthen the further development of our group and support our research and education activities?
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research on smart system engineering, and system-of-systems engineering, which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, artificial intelligence/data science, and socio-technical systems.
The position requires a thorough background of software engineering with a focus on software analytics. Software analytics is targeted to software artifacts such as source code, analysis, and design models, as well as artifacts of related processes during the software development and software evolution. It aims at describing, monitoring, predicting, and improving efficiency and effectivity of software engineering throughout the software lifecycle, in particular during software development and software maintenance.
In a challenging career trajectory, you are responsible for:
- conducting high-quality scientific research and publishing in high-impact refereed scientific journals;
- acquiring, coordinating and implementing innovative (inter)national research projects in the area of Software Engineering and Software Analytics, and mutual relations;
- collaborating with colleagues and supervising PhD, BSc, and MSc students;
- developing and teaching courses in the field of software engineering and data/software analytics;
- contributing to the further development of the INF group.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Software-Intensive System Engineering and Software Analytics. Further, you have:
- a PhD degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related area;
- a solid background and experience in the field of software engineering;
- affinity with software analytics or data analytics in general;
- proof of independence and international recognition;
- a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
ConditionsWe initially offer a fixed-term, 7 year contract which, upon positive evaluation based on criteria elaborated in the University's Tenure Track policy, can lead to a permanent employment contract as professor. Your salary will depend on expertise and experience and the maximum gross salary for Assistant Professors is €5.826,- per month and for Associate Professors the salary can grow up to €6.940,- per month. Both based on a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 15th consecutive time.
Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling.
Additional informationFor more information about this function you can contact Prof. Dr. Ir. Bedir Tekinerdogan via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure you can contact Sandra Willemsen, Corporate recruiter or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via: email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. Please upload your cv and letter of application describing your background and how you fit to the job description.
This vacancy is open up to and including the 30th of November, 2020. We want to plan the first job interviews as soon as possible after closing date.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.