Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Associate Professor Applied Statistics (Tenure Track)
Within the Chair group of Applied Statistics we have a vacancy for:Associate professor in Applied Statistics. (Tenure Track)Candidates whose statistical …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Within the Chair group of Applied Statistics we have a vacancy for:
Associate professor in Applied Statistics. (Tenure Track)
Candidates whose statistical expertise can contribute to the further development of especially the themes Statistical Genetics and Genomics and/or Big Data in the Life Sciences. Relevant statistical expertise's include computational statistics, (Hidden) Markov models, high dimensional regression techniques, penalized regression methods, Bayesian modelling, graphical modelling, mixed models, and multivariate statistics. In addition to statistical expertise, we expect candidates to have an active interest in life sciences and be able to translate life science problems into statistical modelling questions. An important asset will be the capacity to attract PhDs and external funding. Furthermore, you should be a stimulating teacher, and contribute to the international profile of the group.
You will enter a career trajectory called Tenure Track, with an excellent environment for you to grow, excel and work within the department to make a difference in our field. Successful evaluation will allow growing towards a Professor holding a Personal Chair. This includes the chance to define your own research line and research group. We offer training and coaching, as well as opportunities to work part-time.
Applied Statistics and Biometris
The Chair group of Applied Statistics is part of Biometris. Biometris, one of the largest groups of quantitative scientists in North-Western Europe, develops statistical and mathematical methods for the quantification of biological processes and processes in our living environment. These methods are applied and validated in practice and are often available as software packages. In addition, we provide education at the undergraduate, Master, PhD, and Postdoc levels, as well as training and consultancy for industry. We cover a wide range of application areas, from gene to ecosystem and from product to production chain. Our goal is to bring quantitative methods to life!
- Candidates that have a strong track record in research in the area of statistics or quantitative biology, to be demonstrated by work done in PhD and postdoc or assistant professor positions.
- You are able to contribute to developments in statistical methodology in one or more of the key areas of the group (statistical genetics and genomics, big data, risk assessment, quantitative ecology) and to develop your own research line.
- You are a motivating teacher with proven experience in developing and teaching statistics courses to life scientists, both at elementary and more advanced levels.
- You have demonstrated to be successful in obtaining research grants in competitive funding schemes to fund your own research.
- You are a team player and team builder with a keen interest in collaborative research and willing to contribute to the general tasks of the chair group.
- You have the capabilities and ambition to become (personal) professor.
ConditionsA challenging position. Evaluation on job performance is every 3/4 years, and a positive outcome will lead to a permanent position after 7 years. Depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 5039,- to a maximum of € 6133,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 13).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Prof. Fred van Eeuwijk, e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about Tenure Track within Wageningen UR look at http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Why-choose-Wageningen-UR/Your-development-in-focus/Tenure-Track.htm
For more information about the procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is open up to and including March 30, 2020.
You can only apply online through: www.wur.eu/career