In some organic semiconductors a singlet excited state can be converted into two triplet states via the process of singlet fission. Singlet fission can be uti…
Coordinator Information Technology for Data Science
A scientific ICT professional to facilitate and support the organization of information technology for data science applied to the different areas of research and education at Wageningen University & Research (WUR).Data driven science is ...
- Bornsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
A scientific ICT professional to facilitate and support the organization of information technology for data science applied to the different areas of research and education at Wageningen University & Research (WUR).
Data driven science is offering new and promising opportunities to the research domains of WUR (environmental science, food, health, agriculture, animal science, plant science and economics). Wageningen Data Competence Center (WDCC) recently started as part of WUR to build on the current initiatives in data science and facilitate the further development of cross sectoral research and education opportunities. The coordinator information technology will be part of the small team of WDCC. This team will be working as a programme organization to organize, facilitate and support further development of data science within WUR. The team closely cooperates with other departments of WUR such as IT, library, and education and research support.
Tasks of the coordinator information technology will include:
- Translating requirements from research and education to proposals for infrastructural solutions in hard- and software, in close collaboration with researchers, teachers and the ICT-department.
- Contributing to architectural overview and process design for common ICT solutions.
- Supporting the exchange of practical expertise with hard- and software, by initiating and organizing opportunities for sharing experiences and ideas such as communities, workshops, or Wiki pages.
- Contributing to the development of a common and efficient infrastructure for research and education, by investigating tools such as R, Python, Jupyter notebooks, Galaxy, Github, Docker, Anaconda, Tensorflow, and others, common hardware facilities such as High Performance Computing, high speed data transfer, and others, and exploring possibilities for external cooperation, and making the connection to practical applications at WUR.
- Educated in computer technology or a related subject demonstrated by an academic degree and preferably a PhD on a relevant topic
- Technical expertise in applied informatics as evidenced by the involvement in research and implementation projects
- Knowledge of IT-architectures and strong capabilities in advising on solutions based on the analysis of functional requirements
- Experience or affinity with organizing an IT infrastructure in an academic environment
- An academic track record in advanced computing for data science with applications such as big data, data analytics, machine learning, or artificial intelligence, including the use of advanced tools
- Organization and collaboration skills, in particular the ability to find constructive and creative solutions in complex environments
- Communication skills to represent WUR and cooperate with external partners
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential (a minimum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
ConditionsAn initial one year contract of 36 hours per week with a performance based possibility for extension. Salary is based on CAO Foundation Wageningen Research and depends on experience and qualifications of the candidate: minimum salary: € 3120,-, maximum salary: €5509,- gross per month (based on fulltime employment). In addition we offer a holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary and an end of year benefit of 3%.
Additional informationThe first phase of the application process will close at February 20th 2018.
For further information on the position contact Willem Jan Knibbe, tel +31(0)317 482598 or e-mail: email@example.com. For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Karin den Ridder, tel +31(0)317 484401 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before February 20th 2018 at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm.
Please do not submit your application via e-mail.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is "To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life". Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at thespecial career site.
You will join Wageningen Data Competence Centre (WDCC). WDCC is a new organizational unit focused on developing the possibilities offered by the advent of big data. WDCC will work with a small team on a programme consisting of the programme lines Education, Research, Value creation, Infrastructure and Data management for data science. The coordinator infrastructure will be responsible for the programme line Infrastructure.