Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Are you the data scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Nutrition and Health? Do you want to increase the impact of …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you the data scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Nutrition and Health? Do you want to increase the impact of Artificial Intelligence on the life sciences domain? Then we are looking for you!
As a data scientist within the division of Human Nutrition and Health of Wageningen University, you tackle complex issues concerning data processing in the field of dietary intake, lifestyle and health. We collect data in intake using apps and sensors, on physical activity using smartphones / GPS and on health using biomedical data and external records. So far the data analyses has been approached from a statistical angle, and training and education focused on biostatistics and epidemiology. But newer insights from data science and AI are still lacking.
With the rapidly increasing impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning on the life sciences domain we aim to modify our MSc program to include more data science. You develop the course Data Science and Health II for MSc students in Nutrition and Health, and you will organize this course and act as main lecturer. This course is part of a large set of new courses in data science at Wageningen University, so you will be part of a lager data science community.
Regarding the research component, it is your job to analyze and translate the data generated through our newly developed smart tools in one of our projects (BigO, www.bigoprogramme.eu). This project aims to better understand factors affecting the prevalence of childhood obesity in different municipalities/countries. To this aim more than 1,500 children collected data by means of a citizen science approach, these (Big) data now need to be analyzed.
You are able to combine the right quantitative and qualitative sources into usable data. You build models, and you monitor and analyze and visualize data with tools such as SAS (Enterprise guide), R and Phyton. For the practical application you explore whether it is possible to integrate the data from different tools through machine learning techniques, and whether it is possible to provide the applications with personalized feedback mechanisms.
You are an enthusiastic data scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in the context of Nutrition and Health. Further, you have:
- an MSc, or preferably PhD degree, in computer science/artificial intelligence/machine learning, or a related area;
- a solid background and experience in AI/Machine Learning;
- affinity with software engineering;
- affinity with data science;
- proof of independence;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary with a maximum of € 4.978,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 11). We offer you a position for one year, with the possibility to extend for another 2 year.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact prof. Edith Feskens, telephone +31-317-482567 or by e-mail email@example.com; or dr. Monica Mars, telephone +31 317 485340.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Marjolijn Steffens, HR Advisor, telephone 0317-489882.
You can apply online at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until 21st November 2019. The first job interviews will take place on December 4th, 2019.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature