Feed safety expert
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a scientist in the area of feed production and quantitative assessment of feed safety in the feed …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a scientist in the area of feed production and quantitative assessment of feed safety in the feed supply chain.
In this position you will apply your knowledge of feed ingredients, production processes, trends and applications to identify and describe new and existing safety hazards during feed production. You will work in different ongoing research projects involving literature review, data collection, and statistical analyses. You are also expected to initiate and contribute to the writing of new project proposals.
- PhD in food safety or animal sciences (preferably animal nutrition)
- Affinity with feed production and with feed safety
- Expertise in quantitative approaches for data analyses (modelling and/or statistics), making use of multiple data sources with different characteristics
- Expertise in processing of data, combining data sources and working with databases
- Good communications skills, and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and projects
- Solid scientific basis with the ability to identify relevant issues and formulate practical recommendations and solutions
- Good writing and networking skills, with a proven track record
- At least a basic understanding of the Dutch language and the willingness to invest in learning the Dutch language.
ConditionsAn interesting and dynamic position as a scientific researcher, covering different topics, within a team of enthusiastic and engaged colleagues. We offer a position for one year. After this extension will be considered based on demonstrated performance and ongoing projects. Indicative gross salary €4847,- maximum per month (36 hours a week), depending on experience.
Additional informationFor more information about this position please contact dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (business unit manager, phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.email@example.com) or dr. ir. Ine van der Fels-Klerx (group leader, phone +31 (0)317-481963 , Ine.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your letter of application with CV before 5 May 2018 via the website https://www.wur.eu/career