During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
Food Safety Data Expert
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a (postdoc) scientist in the area of big data applications in food and feed safety.In this position …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a (postdoc) scientist in the area of big data applications in food and feed safety.
In this position you will use various (big) data sources, ICT solutions (machine learning technologies), and statistical methods to combine various data sets and to develop quantitative prediction models for the presenceof new and existing food safety hazards in food and feed supply chains. You will work in different ongoing research projects involving, data mining, deep learning, food chain analysis and predictive modelling. You are also expected to initiate and contribute to the writing of new project proposals and to write/ contribute to scientific publications.
- PhD in food science, applied software engineering, or statistical modelling
- Affinity with food production and food safety, understanding of the food production chain
- Expertise in quantitative analyses of complex data originating from different sources, preferably with related ICT and machine learning skills. Knowledge/ experience with Bayesian Network modelling is a pre.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and projects
- Solid scientific basis with the ability to identify relevant issues and formulate practical recommendations and solutions
- Good writing and networking skills, with a proven track record
ConditionsAn interesting and dynamic position as a scientific researcher, covering different topics, within a team of enthusiastic and engaged colleagues. We offer a position for one year. After this extension will be considered based on demonstrated performance and ongoing projects. Indicative gross salary €4847,- maximum per month (36 hours a week), depending on experience
Additional informationFor more information about this position please contact dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (business unit manager, phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.email@example.com) or dr. ir. Ine van der Fels-Klerx (group leader, phone +31 (0)317-481963 , Ine.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your letter of application with CV before 5 May 2018 via the website https://www.wur.eu/career