Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Four Assistant Professor Positions within the Information Technology group at Wageningen University (Tenure Track)
Are you an expert in Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Science or Business Information Technology? Are you interested in …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you an expert in Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Science or Business Information Technology? Are you interested in contributing to the development of smart socio-technical systems? Are you willing to excel further in your career in a vibrant research environment which supports excellence, innovation and collaboration?
We are looking for you!
Wageningen University is a top-class university, ranking among the world's leading institutions in the food, agriculture and environmental domains. The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research on the topics of smart systems development, and system-of-systems engineering, which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, data science, and socio-technical systems. In the last years, the group has rapidly grown and developed a solid research agenda on smart systems engineering. To further strengthen our research and education activities, the INF group invites applications for four tenure track assistant professor positions in the following areas:
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Business Information Technology
- conducting high quality scientific research and publishing in reputed scientific journals
- acquiring, coordinating and implementing innovative (inter)national research projects in one or more of the above areas
- collaborating with colleagues and supervising PhD students, MSc and BSc theses
- developing and teaching courses
- contributing to the further development of the INF group
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the above-mentioned fields. Further, you have:
- a PhD degree in computer science or a related area;
- a solid background and experience in one or more of the four mentioned areas;
- demonstrated research and teaching potential;
- affinity with current IT issues in the industry;
- proof of independence and international recognition;
- a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
ConditionsFor the position of Assistant Professor, we offer a gross salary of € 3637,- to € 5656,- per month, depending on expertise and experience (scale 11 - 12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) for a full working week of 38 hours.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in a consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together a part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research, and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment
- We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr.ir. Bedir Tekinerdogan
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the procedure, please contact Karin den Ridder, HR advisor, e-mail email@example.com
Alternatively, additional information can be obtained through one of the following links.