3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Junior and Senior Bioinformatics Scientists
Do you have a passion for research and do you want to work with enthusiastic colleagues? And do you want to contribute to our research? Then we would like to …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a passion for research and do you want to work with enthusiastic colleagues? And do you want to contribute to our research? Then we would like to talk to you! Read on and respond quickly!
We are looking for both a junior (minimum MSc level) and a senior bioinformatician (PhD level) to complete and extend the expertise team in the challenging multi-disciplinary field of bioinformatics, omics and evolutionary microbiology. Both will become part of the bioinformatics / multi-omics expertise team.
As an (applied) bioinformatician you will:
- Contribute with your bioinformatics to ongoing multi-disciplinary research projects on understanding and controlling infectious diseases including zoonoses.
- Analyze complex research questions by combining bioinformatics, omics, microbiology and evolutionary skills mostly around microbial, microbiome and metagenomics applications.
- Act as a bioinformatics support hub within the institute and help standardizing analysis pipelines.
- Have relevant expertise beside computational biology includes working in UNIX bash, R, (perl/python), version control (git) and FAIR data management.
- Have good communication skills, including communicating results in spoken and written form, at least in English but preferably also in Dutch).
- Primary positioned to contribute to ongoing bioinformatics projects in genomics and microbiome related topics.
- Besides working in UNIX also affinity with system administration (HPC) and preferable set-up and interconnect (decentral) databases (FAIR)
- Pro-actively seek to initiate new research projects and connect these to WUR overarching topics like circularity, microbiome and metagenomic surveillance.
- Contribute to maintaining and extending our (inter)national network of clients and peers.
- Communicate research findings through reports, peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you participate at the activities organized on-line;
- a fixed December bonus of 3%;
- a holiday allowance of 8%;
- excellent training opportunities;
- 171 vacation hours by fulltime, the opportunity to buy additional and attractive additional leave arrangements;
- an option model to determine part of your employment conditions yourself, e.g. a bicycle plan or the option to buy or sell vacation hours;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection procedure. We ask for a Certificate of Conduct when entering employment.
Do you want more information?
For additional information please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (head of the department) or email@example.com (expertise group leader).
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including September 9th, 2021. We hope to schedule the first job interviews soon after the closing date.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.