Lecturer at the Environmental Systems Analysis group
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lecturer who will contribute to the education offered by the chair group.In close collaboration with the Chair and the …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 24 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lecturer who will contribute to the education offered by the chair group.
In close collaboration with the Chair and the Education Coordinator of the ESA group, the new lecturer will contribute to ESA's courses and assist ESA course coordinators to accommodate the growing student numbers among others by:
- Supervising student groups in various environmental science courses, in particular at BSc level;
- Making course schedules, contributing to Brightspace (the Learning Management System used by WUR for online learning and teaching);
- Assisting students in ESA's computer practicals;
- Assisting course coordinators in grading papers and exams;
- Contributing to the planning, organising and executing of the International Study Visit Environmental Sciences; and
- Supporting the ESA Group's continuous innovation in education and learning.
Moreover, the new lecturer will contribute to general tasks and activities of the chair group.
- A Master's degree in environmental science, environmental systems analysis or a related field;
- Demonstrated expertise in inter- or transdisciplinary research projects in the domain of environmental change and sustainability;
- Affinity with and preferably proven experience in teaching and providing multi- and interdisciplinary environmental science education;
- A passion to provide inspiring education to Dutch and international students and student groups from diverse study programmes;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both with students and academic staff;
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch (or a willingness to learn Dutch); and
- A strong team player.
ConditionsWe offer a challenging position of 0,6 fte for five years (go based on an evaluation after one year) with, depending on your experience, a salary from a minimum of € 2.709,-- to a maximum of € 4.274,-- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions (obtaining University Teaching Qualification (UTQ));
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr Rik Leemans, Chair of Environmental Systems Analysis, e-mail: email@example.com.
Information about the working conditions can be obtained from Patty van Beek, HRM-advisor, Patty.vanBeek@wur.nl.
Applications for this position should be submitted before Monday 23 September 2019. The job interviews will be held on Wednesday 2 October 2019.
Website chair group: