Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer at the Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning Group
Are you an enthusiastic lecturer, with an academic attitude and broad interdisciplinary interest? Do you have a PhD in Spatial Planning or a related field? …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you an enthusiastic lecturer, with an academic attitude and broad interdisciplinary interest? Do you have a PhD in Spatial Planning or a related field? And do you combine good communication skills with an affinity with "green topics"? Then we are looking for you!
As lecturer at the Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning Group (LSP) you will dedicate approximately 60% of your time to teaching and 40% to (commissioned) research and management tasks. You will be contributing to the Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning programmes (BLP/MLP), by teaching courses, assisting in studio-type teaching, and by supervising BSc/MSc theses. Specific courses to be taught include "Concepts and Approaches in Planning Practices" and "History of Ideas in Planning and Design".
Our education and research addresses present and future environmental challenges by means of design and planning. These challenges include climate mitigation and adaptation, safeguarding biodiversity and enhancing environmental quality. Our specific competence is to analyse complex and dynamic systems at the landscape scale, and to propose inspiring and meaningful solutions. We consider it essential to base solutions on a thorough understanding of the nature of the landscape, so we have a strong emphasis on the analysis of landscape dynamics. Accordingly, we educate and train a growing numbers of Bachelor, Master and PhD students to become knowledgeable, reflective, and creative landscape architects and planners.
- hold a PhD in Spatial Planning or a related field;
- have a demonstrated interest in "green" topics;
- have experience in teaching, in studio courses as well as theoretical courses;
- have good communicative and writing skills;
- be willing to contribute to general tasks and activities of the chair group;
- have at least a reasonable command of Dutch, and an excellent command of English.
ConditionsA stimulating and innovative academic working environment. Training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated. We offer a temporary contract for 4 years, for 38 hours per week (1 fte). Gross salary: from € 2790,- to € 4402,- (scale 10), based on full-time employment and depending on expertise and experience. The position may evolve into a tenure track at WUR.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationTo learn more about this positions you can contact Martha Bakker, chairholder LSP Group, telephone +31 317 483357 or by e-mail; Martha.Bakker@wur.nl. General information about our Group can be found here.
For more information about the procedure you can get in touch with Edgar Tijhuis, corporate recruiter, e-mail: email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. This vacancy is open up to and including 8 November 2020. We intend to plan the first interviews on 1 and 2 of December, 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.