Lecturer Development studies
Do you see yourself contributing to an exciting group working in critical development studies, conflict studies and political ecology? The Sociology of …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Do you see yourself contributing to an exciting group working in critical development studies, conflict studies and political ecology? The Sociology of Development and Change Group (SDC) at Wageningen University seeks a lecturer in development studies. Candidates with a background in relevant social sciences (anthropology, geography, sociology, political science, etc.) will be considered, especially those with expertise in the broad areas of (social and environmental) justice, political (grassroots) activism, development organisations, conflict (studies), and/or food, agriculture or environment. Experience with interdisciplinary research, methodology and critical (development) theory will be an advantage.
Your responsibilities include teaching courses at undergraduate and graduate levels (especially: 'sociological and anthropological perspectives on development', 'sociology in development: towards a critical perspective' and possibly another course), student supervision, and developing and performing research within our domain.
As lecturer in development studies you have:
- a (recent) PhD in anthropology, sociology, geography, or a related field (when you are almost finished you're also welcome to apply);
- good didactic qualities and experience in and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- ability to publish in high-quality academic journals and with top academic publishers;
- ability to work in interdisciplinary and international research teams;
- excellent communication and writing skills.
ConditionsWe offer you an employment contract for 1.0 FTE (30,4 - 36 hours a week). This is a temporary position to replace other staff who will be on leave for 7 months. The monthly gross salary varies € 2.709- € 4.274 per month for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr. Bram Büscher (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 317 48 2015 or 2075)
Deadline for application: 16 september 2019
Please note that interviews are planned in the first week of September, and that the preferred starting date is 01 October 2019