Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Lecturer in Geo-Information Science-Education
Are you a hardworking educator willing to impact Geo-Information Science and the new generation of students? Do you have experience in Geographic Information …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you a hardworking educator willing to impact Geo-Information Science and the new generation of students? Do you have experience in Geographic Information Science and master concepts of GIS, spatial databases and crowdsourcing technologies, among other things? And are you an enthusiastic teammate willing to join us for successful education, and align it with the thematic domains of the GRS group: from urban computing and digital humanities to nature conservation and land use characterization? Then we like to get you onboard!
You will contribute to our bachelor and master's program, while also adding to the group's research excellence. This includes participating in the existing education portfolio of the group in GI-Science. You will also take part in creative and groundbreaking scientific research, for instance by supervising Master thesis in GIS or by pursuing your own ideas, potentially toward a doctoral degree. You will do this at the most sustainable campus in the world, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 15th consecutive time.
Do you want to know more about our work? Check out our page with news, recent publications and video's.
A hardworking and curious colleague who has/can:
- a MSc in Geo-information Science or a related field;
- show a track-record of successful teamwork;
- a true love for new concepts of education;
- excellent didactic skills for teaching at both Bachelor and Master level;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- proficiency in both Dutch and English is an absolute pre-requisite.
ConditionsA full time position at lecturer level for four years. Evaluation on job performance will take place after that period, and a positive outcome can lead to a permanent position. Your salary will depend on knowledge and experience with ranges between min. € 2709 and max. € 4274 based on full time employment.
You will enter a career trajectory called the Lecturer Career Path, within a phenomenal environment for you to grow, excel and work within the department to make a difference in our field. Successful evaluation will allow growing towards higher lecturer levels with higher responsibility (e.g. course coordination). We offer training and coaching, as well as opportunities to work part-time.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an efficient balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus for a reduced fee
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationPlease contact prof. dr. Devis Tuia (email@example.com), chair holder Geo-information Science, for more information.
For additional information about the process please contact Edgar Tijhuis, corporate recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can apply up to and including 5 January 2020 via the apply button on this page.