Lecturer in Information Systems
Are you an expert in information systems, business analytics, and business-IT alignment? Are you interested in contributing to the development of socio- …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4474 - € 4474 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingAre you an expert in information systems, business analytics, and business-IT alignment? Are you interested in contributing to the development of socio-technical systems?
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research and education on the topics of smart system engineering, and system-of-systems engineering which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, information management and socio-technical systems. With the rapidly increasing impact of IT on the life sciences domain, the mission of the INF group has become even more important. In the last years, the group has rapidly grown and developed a solid research agenda on smart systems engineering and introduced several new courses on information systems, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. To further strengthen our group we invite applications for the lecturer position in the area of Information Systems.
As a lecturer in our group, you will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme at Wageningen University. Your tasks will be:
- coordinate and teach courses related to information systems;
- coordinate examination and mark exams;
- supervise students' theses and internships;
- support the development of online learning courses (e.g. MOOCs).
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic lecturer devoted to excellence in education in Information Technology. Further, you have:
- a PhD degree in information systems, business information technology, management information systems, computer science or a related area;
- a solid background and experience in the field of information technology and particularly information systems;
- teaching experience with a clear vision on education;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in teaching programmes;
- affinity with teaching computer programming, information systems courses;
- the ability to significantly contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects (including curriculum development) within the range of subjects offered by the INF group;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- hold of the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; in Dutch "BKO") or complete it within three years after starting this position.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Our Education Career Path offers teachers an attractive career perspective. With this, WUR indicates the importance of high-quality and innovative academic education. We offer you a versatile job in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationDo you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Prof.dr. Bedir Tekinerdogan, chair of the INF group, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Sandra Willemsen, Corporate recruiter or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including the 31st of October, 2021. We hope to schedule the first job interviews as soon as possible after closing date.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature