Lecturer in International Land and Water Management
a lecturer in International Land and Water Management (0.8 fte)You will be contributing to the study programmes International Land and Water Management by …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 30 uur
a lecturer in International Land and Water Management (0.8 fte)
You will be contributing to the study programmes International Land and Water Management by aligning WRM and SLM courses, developing and teaching intensive education for large groups of students by searching for an optimal mix of lecture-based and team-based modes of learning, digital learning, field practical's and excursions.
The Junior Lecturer will have the following education responsibilities, to be further developed based on experience and interest:
- Inputs to International Land and Water Management courses, such as 'Excursions to Spain and Crete and practical's in the tunnel for Irrigation and Water Management', 'Design 1', 'Design 2', 'Land and Water Engineering' and 'Issues and Concepts'.
- Align WRM and SLM courses
- Develop and teach intensive education for large groups of students
- Education innovation
- Spill in the BIL completion program
- Tutor in the proposal writing course
- Intake of BSc internships
- Supervise BSc thesis rings (2 rings per year)
- Supervise BSc internship and thesis students (2-4 students per year).
- a MSc degree;
- an interdisciplinary and sociotechnical approach to land and water management studies;
- good didactic and communication skills;
- fluency in English (and preferably Spanish);
- and a fine team player.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ConditionsA challenging position as a lecturer within both groups. This will be a good stepping stone to a further career within WUR or elsewhere. The appointment is part-time (30.4 hours/0.8 fte: 0.4 fte at the WRM group and 0.4 fte at the SLM group) for a period of one year. With good performance an extension by 3 years is possible. Your salary depends on knowledge and experience. Gross salary per month is from a minimum of € 2709,- to a maximum of € 4274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.