Lecturer in Software Engineering and Information Technology
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research and education on the topics of smart system engineering, and system-of- …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research and education on the topics of smart system engineering, and system-of-systems engineering which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, information management and socio-technical systems. With the rapidly increasing impact of IT on the life sciences domain the mission of the INF group has become even more important. To further strengthen our group the INF group invites applications for the lecturer position in the area of Software Engineering and Information Technology.
The position is focused on teaching and not research. As a lecturer in our group you will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme at Wageningen University. The duties/responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate and teach the courses related to software engineering and information technology.
- Supervise and mark students' papers.
- Mark exams.
- Supervise students' theses and internships.
- Assist in building and sharing digital learning environments.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic lecturer devoted to excellence in education in Software Engineering and Information Technology. Further, you have:
- Preferably a PhD degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or a related area;
- a solid background and experience in the field of software engineering and information technology;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
- teaching experience with a clear vision on education, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in the teaching programme of the INF group;
- the ability to significantly contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects (including curriculum development) within the range of subjects offered by the INF group;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- Having teaching-related training and certificates are considered a plus;
- The successful applicant is expected to either already hold the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; in Dutch "BKO") or should complete it within 2 years after starting the position. https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Why-choose-Wageningen-University-Research/Your-development-in-focus/Educational-Staff-Development.htm
ConditionsWe offer a creative and inspiring working environment. Initially, the employment is temporary for a period of one year. Depending on quality and experience the gross salary ranges from € 2588 to € 4084 based on full time, i.e. 38 hours/week - Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. We offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr.ir. Bedir Tekinerdogan, chair of the INF group
E-mail address: email@example.com
Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links. www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm or via Academic Transfer.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.