Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Lecturer / Tenure Track Assistant Professor Environmental Physics
a Lecturer / Tenure Track Assistant Professor Environmental Physics (0.8 or 1 fte)The selected candidate will contribute to the chair group's teaching …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Functieomschrijvinga Lecturer / Tenure Track Assistant Professor Environmental Physics (0.8 or 1 fte)
The selected candidate will contribute to the chair group's teaching programme at all academic levels (BSc, MSc, PhD), including its further development, and should be able to demonstrate potential to attract research funding at the national and international level. In addition, the new staff member will have to contribute to the day-to-day operations of the chair group, and will play a guiding role with regard to the further development of the soil-hydro-physics laboratory.
To be appointed as tenure track Assistant Professor, you are also expected to work towards establishing an internationally leading research team on a subject within the environmental physics domain, including attracting PhD students.
Ideally, the background of the new colleague fits or complements the group's current expertise, covering amongst others agrohydrology, ecohydrology, groundwater flow, soil erosion and/or sustainable land management.
- A PhD degree (or expecting to obtain a PhD degree soon) in environmental sciences or hydrology.
- Passion for education and good presentation skills, willingness to acquire teaching qualifications, and be innovative in education (e.g. addressing new themes, new forms of teaching, online education).
- Strong and broad conceptual and methodological knowledge of environmental physics.
- A long-term and innovative vision on the field of environmental physics and its contribution to sustainable land use, regarding both research and teaching.
- Experience in writing research proposals, conducting research, and a strong publication record in the field of environmental physics.
- An active attitude to attract and supervise PhD students.
ConditionsDepending on the skills and preferences of the applicant, we offer a lecturer position or a tenure track Assistant Professor position. In case you are appointed as an Assistant Professor we offer you as talented scientist a challenging career trajectory, called Tenure Track. From the position of Assistant Professor you can grow into an Associate Professor or a Professor holding a Personal Chair. Of course training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated. Starting your career at Wageningen University as lecturer, and switching to a tenure track Assistant Professor position at a later stage may also be possible.
This is initially, in potential, a seven year (tenure track) or one year (lecturer possibility extension by two years) position of 4 or 5 days per week. Salary before tax ranges from € 3.637 to € 4.978 per month (before tax), based on full time employment and dependent on expertise and experience.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance and a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions.
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible.
- excellent pension plan through ABP.
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes.
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please, contact Prof. dr. Coen J. Ritsema, chair of the Soil Physics and Land Management group, (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0317-486517).
This vacancy is open up to and including November 17, 2019.