As a medior researcher/ advisor you will:
The ideal candidate has/ is:
- advise governments, the business community, NGOs and other actors in and outside the Netherlands on climate adaption in the urban environment.
- execute climate impact assessments and raise awareness based on the results (stress tests, climate impact atlas)
- identify adaptation strategies based on evidence based knowledge
- knowledge development for nature based solutions for resilient cities
- develop business cases for nature-based solutions in urban development projects by identifying costs and benefits of NBS
- support implementation (strategy, plans, design, implementation, management).
- carry out advisory projects in which evidence-based decision-support is provided for planning & design of climate-adaptive buildings, streets, neighborhoods and urban regions. You will organize stakeholder meetings and carry out quick analyses with application value.
- Knowledge of urban issues, climate change, urban micro climate, urban water management, water sensitive urban design, urban design (from green roof to city park),nature-based solutions, interactive processes
At home in publications in relevant journals or other media (preferably also own publications),
Able to translate this into practical procedures (eg tools, key figures, calculation rules, etc.).
Market- and customer-oriented attitude. Candidate is able to understand the real need of the customer, understand how to deal with the customer so that customer satisfaction remains high.
- Excellent networker;
Experienced in project management and working in complex multi stakeholder project (f.e. knowledge organizations, engineering firms and design agencies);
Willing to travel abroad;
A person with 5-10 years relevant working experience;
Excellent communications skills. Can present clear (scientific) knowledge in accessible language for various stakeholders;
Excellent writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English;
MSc in Urban Hydrology/ Water Management/ Urban design or landscape architecture
We offer a 32-36 hour position. Salary depends on skills and experience, scale 10 or 11, starting with 2609 euro (scale 10) to a maximum of 4847 euro (scale 11). The position is initially for 1 year after which a go/no-go decision will be taken for a permanent position. You will be appointed to the CAO of Wageningen Research.
We offer excellent secondary terms of employment, for example a structural -end-of- year bonus and flexibility in many respects.
Ir. Tim van Hattum (firstname.lastname@example.org), +31 (0)317-48 64 60 (program leader Green Climate Solutions)
Drs Derk F. Rademaker (email@example.com
) , +31 (0)317-48 5509 (team leader Climate Change)
Does this challenge appeal to you and are you curious about the WUR? In that case, please send and letter of application and a C.V.
For more information working a Wageningen University & Research take a look at www.wur.nl/career