Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Medior Researcher Nutrition & Health
Are you a pro-active and experienced medior scientist? Do you have a passion for creating sustainable solutions to provide better food for more people? Then …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you a pro-active and experienced medior scientist? Do you have a passion for creating sustainable solutions to provide better food for more people? Then this role might be yours!
You are an enthusiastic and pro-active researcher in the field of Nutrition and Health that contributes significantly to the challenging research of our Food, Health and Consumer Research group within the research institute Wageningen Food & Biobased Research. You will play a pivotal role in our research in which the health effects of nutrition are being investigated with human volunteer studies. You set up a research plan and execute the plan with the team around you. Consequently, you will work on analyzing the data sets, interpret the results and report them. The consumer questions are primarily in the "Personalized Nutrition & Health" and "Food Clinical Trials" research lines. This means that you have to be able to switch between multiple projects and customers and to be able to act in different partnerships.
An example of a research project is the preparation of personal dietary advice based on a person's dietary intake pattern with the aim of increasing fiber intake. Another example is the unraveling of the bioavailability of new protein sources. In neighboring lines of research within Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, cooperation takes place around, for example, the analysis of health effects of food products using model systems and, as another example, around the analysis of real-life nutritional behavior studies. In addition, the ecosystem of WUR, the Wageningen Campus and beyond offers numerous opportunities for collaboration for interesting further developments, new solutions and opportunities for expansion for our portfolio. We therefore ask for team spirit, a focus on cooperation and a pro-active contribution to bringing parties together. You keep up with scientific and technological developments in the professional field and translate these together with colleagues and partners into solutions that meet market needs.
Important tasks of the medior researcher:
- You write research and METC proposals and subsequently take care of the execution of the research. At the same time you keep an overview;
- You analyze and interpret human study data sets, whether or not in collaboration with statisticians and data-science experts;
- You disseminate the research results, including (popular) scientific publications, reports and at conferences;
- You contribute to the acquisition of new projects, among others by writing project proposals and your helicopter view of developments in the field;
- You promote collaboration actively and contribute to bringing partners together.
- You have a PhD and several years of work experience with a background in nutrition, health or in biology and you have affinity with the agri-food sector with a corresponding network in this field;
- You have experience with applied research in a contract research organization or in business;
- You have experience with human (nutrition) research;
- You are strong in verbal and written expression;
- Affinity with statistics and data-driven science is an advantage.
ConditionsA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As medior researcher Nutrition & Health you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week, for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension or a permanent employment after a successful evaluation.
In addition, we offer:
- a competitive salary;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Annelies Dijk, R&D manager Food Health & Consumer Research, 0317-484228 or with Nicole de Wit, 0317-480310 or Diederik Esser, 0317-489010.
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen, HR advisor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply online at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm up to and including November 29th 2019.
The first job interviews will take place on December the 5th (afternoon), December the 9th (morning) and December the 10th (afternoon).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature