bekend met de sector onderwijs en met een 'handson' mentaliteit
niversity Lecturers (Docent): 0.5-1.0 fte
Topic: Lecturers for Master level education on the radical redesign of sustainable farms and foodscapes.The Farming Systems Ecology group focuses on the …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Topic: Lecturers for Master level education on the radical redesign of sustainable farms and foodscapes.
The Farming Systems Ecology group focuses on the analysis and design of exemplar sustainable farming systems and foodscapes, that deliver multiple benefits to humankind, using natural processes as building blocks. We uniquely combine a strong platform of simulation models with hands-on, empirical assessments of outstanding examples of sustainable multifunctional farms and landscapes in all continents. Our multi-disciplinary team includes expertise in systems analysis, modelling, agro-ecology, agronomy, animal husbandry, permaculture, co-innovation, policy formation and immersive education.
We now seek to strengthen our team with 1.6 full time equivalents (fte) expertise Master level education on the following topics: introduction to organic productions systems, reading sustainable foodscapes and scientific methods for the radical redesign of sustainable farms and foodscapes. The successful candidates will contribute to both taught Masters courses and the supervision of Masters theses of the Farming Systems Ecology Group.
A Masters or Doctoral level degree in Farming Systems Ecology, Organic Agriculture, Ecological Agriculture or Natural Resource Management. Other, similar areas of expertise will be considered provided that the candidate demonstrates the relevance of this area to the position applied for
- Knowledge (practical, theoretical, contextual) of farming systems in a variety of biophysical and socio-economic contexts.
- Knowledge (practical, theoretical, contextual) of ecosystem services in a variety of biophysical and socio-economic contexts.
- Thorough knowledge of the agri-environmental modelling, preferably of the COMPASS models employed by the Farming Systems Ecology Group, such as the FarmDesign model4.
- Knowledge of statistical methods in ecology and (agri-) experimental design.
- Proven educational skills at masters level.
- Proven student supervision.
- Track record of scientific writing and editing.
- Has affinity with the mission and vision of the Farming Systems Ecology Group.
- Approachable by students.
- Keen to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Finds a balance between independent problem solving and seeking feedback/supervision.
- Diligent, with attention to detail.
ConditionsWe offer you a temporary contract of 12 months. This may be extended, subject to availability of funding and a satisfactory performance. Gross starting salary (scale 10) from € 2.588 to € 3.839 per month, based on full time employment and dependent on expertise and experience; additional benefits may apply.
Additional informationFor questions about this vacancy you can contact Prof. dr. ir. Rogier Schulte, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply online via www.wur.eu/career up to and including May 27, 2018.
The selected candidates will be interviewed by a recruitment committee.
Don't email directly to the people mentioned above but use the website to apply www.wur.eu/career.