1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Nutrition and Gender advisor
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) is looking for an experienced Nutrition and Gender advisor, who likes to contribute to capacity building …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) is looking for an experienced Nutrition and Gender advisor, who likes to contribute to capacity building of other professionals and project implementation across the world in support of an improved food and nutrition security worldwide.
WCDI has a growing portfolio in both food and nutrition security and gender. You will support the implementation of these programmes, and contribute to the further development of WCDI's profile and portfolio in the area of gender/nutrition/agriculture linkages. You will also provide consultancy services, policy advice, and develop partnerships with governments, (international) NGOs, knowledge centres and the private sector.
We are looking for a development practitioner with a specific interest in individual and organisational capacity development, who has a proven in-depth understanding of the broad concepts of food and nutrition security and gender. You should be able to link theory and practice and facilitate multi-stakeholder learning in change processes in this area. Projects are predominantly in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. Future projects may include Latin America.
- Experience in and well acquainted with food & nutrition security and gender issues in low and middle income countries.
- Experience with integrated agriculture and value-chain projects and strategies to make them more nutrition and gender sensitive.
- Experience working with projects on agriculture/nutrition/gender linkages in smallholder contexts, including design, implementation, evaluation (action oriented research, theory of change, MEL, etc).
- A good understanding of food systems as a key concept that guides WCDI work.
- A good understanding of nutrition and gender as drivers for healthier diets.
- Affinity and/or experience in working on link between nutrition, gender and higher (agricultural) education.
- Self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and as part of multiple teams.
- Brings a professional network and is able to acquire new work for WCDI to maintain/expand the portfolio on gender/nutrition/agriculture linkages.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients to develop effective and innovative food and nutrition security strategies.
- Able to effectively work with multi-stakeholder processes including private sector, NGOs, UN, and academia.
- Comfortable with travelling up to 2-3 months of the year.
- Minimum MA or MSc required, PhD is considered a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years' professional experience, PhD may substitute for 2 years.
- Professional working capacity in English and French are required. Portuguese is an additional asset.
- Background in or previous work with larger consultancy firms and international development organisations is an asset.
- Competences in policy analysis, proposal development, bringing in a relevant network.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
ConditionsAn initial one year contract of 32-36 hours per week with a performance based possibility for extension. Scale 11 CAO Wageningen Research, maximum salary €5057,- gross per month (based on fulltime employment, 36 hours per week), depending on education and experience..
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor further information on this position, please contact Marion Herens at Marion.email@example.com or at +31 317 484092.
For HR related questions on this position, please contact Karin den Ridder at Karin.firstname.lastname@example.org or at +31 317 484401.
Please don't send your application via e-mail, but apply online by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before September 15th 2019 at www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm