PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5G networks.
PhD candidate "Inverse modelling of the coupled COS and CO2 budgets"(reopening)
This vacancy is for the PhD project "Inverse modelling of the coupled COS and CO2 budgets" that is funded by the EU through an ERC advanced grant (2017-2022). …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
This vacancy is for the PhD project "Inverse modelling of the coupled COS and CO2 budgets" that is funded by the EU through an ERC advanced grant (2017-2022). A research team from Wageningen, Utrecht, and Groningen will perform observations and modelling on COS and its isotopes. This PhD position will focus on the modelling of the coupled COS and CO2 budgets with the global atmospheric transport model TM5. Sources and sinks of COS will be implemented, as well as a description of the COS isotopologues. Comparisons will be made with existing and new surface observations, and with satellite observations. Inverse modelling techniques will be used to learn more about GPP. The PhD is expected to closely work with other members of the COS-OCS research team, and to write publications that will be combined to a PhD thesis.
We are searching for a highly motivated candidate who is able to work independently as well as in our research team. The candidate should have
- A master degree in physics, chemistry, environmental sciences, or equivalent education is required.
- Excellent experience in programming and computer modeling, preferably using Python and Fortran
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Some practice in scientific writing.
ConditionsWe offer you a full time (38 hours/week) temporary position for a period of 4 years. The appointment will be initially for 18 months. After satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be extended for a total duration of 4 years. Successful candidates are expected to register for a programme of study that leads to a PhD. Finalization of the PhD is expected in the end of 2021. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and amounts € 2.222,- gross per month in the first year up to € 2.840,- in the fourth year based on a full-time employment.
Additional informationApplication process candidates should provide the following information in one file for their application:
- A detailed CV with covering letter which explains your suitability, competence and motivation for scientific research and the fellowship;
- All undergraduate level certificates including university grades. Foreign documents should be sent as certified English translations;
- A list of publications and/or presentations at meetings, if applicable;
- Contact information of two referees.
Please do not send your application directly to prof. Maarten Krol.