PhD - Insect behaviour and welfare
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate in the field of insect behaviour and welfare. You will develop behavioural protocols and monitoring methods for …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate in the field of insect behaviour and welfare. You will develop behavioural protocols and monitoring methods for quantitative assessment of the effects of stress on insect behaviour and insect well-being under mass-rearing conditions.
You are enthusiastic, proactive, like to work in a multidisciplinary team and have excellent communication skills. You hold an MSc degree in Biology, Plant Sciences or Animal Sciences or another relevant field. We look for a candidate with ample experience in recording of insect behaviour and manipulative experimentation with insects and statistical analyses of complex datasets. You are curiosity driven and passionate about fundamental research in the context of working towards sustainable food and feed production.
We expect the candidate to be proficient in the English language. This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page. Our postdocs are encouraged to supervise MSc thesis students when such opportunities arise and you will be involved in teaching activities.
ConditionsWe offer a full-time position (38 hours), initially for 1 year after which a go/no go decision will be taken on extension with another three years. Gross salary per month € 2.325,- in the first year rising to € 2.972,- per month in the fourth year, for a fulltime appointment. The candidate will be based at the Laboratory of Entomology in Wageningen.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus
Additional informationInformation on the research: Prof. Joop van Loon, email@example.com or Prof. Marcel Dicke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the selection procedure: email@example.com
You can apply up and until 24 September 2019
For this position you can only apply on line: www.wageningenur.nl/career
Don't email your application directly to the people mentioned above but use the website to apply.