As a postdoctoral scientist you will work independently on one or two projects that can be selected from a number of options. You will collaborate with and …
PhD / Lecturer in Law
We are searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, and team-oriented PhD candidate to join our group.This is a mixed, fixed-term position. It consists of a 0.75 …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, and team-oriented PhD candidate to join our group.
This is a mixed, fixed-term position. It consists of a 0.75 FTE PhD position (5 years) and a 0.25 FTE lectureship (4 years).
The LAW group conducts research on law and regulation in the life sciences domains of Wageningen University (food, health and the environment). While our core research and teaching area is food law, we also work on general issues pertaining to EU law, international law, transnational law, intellectual property law and human rights law, and are keen to explore interdisciplinary connections in those areas.
The successful candidate will write their PhD thesis on a legal topic of their choice within the Wageningen domains, and interdisciplinary projects are strongly encouraged. The chosen candidate will hold a lecturer position and contribute to teaching, teaching support, and supervision of masters theses in the LAW group.
As a PhD candidate we ask you to:
- Conduct research and write a PhD thesis in line with Wageningen's standards
- Take courses as appropriate
- Seek opportunities to speak at conferences of relevance for your field
- Seek publication opportunities
- Teach lectures and deliver tutorials in the courses offered by the LAW group, as appropriate
- Supervise and mark students' papers
- Mark exams
- Supervise students' theses and internships
- Assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for law courses via Blackboard.
We ask a Masters degree in Law or a related area with demonstrated academic expertise in legal subjects.
Because of our international character and students, we ask you to be fluent in English (both spoken and written) and good communication and presentation skills.
ConditionsWe offer you the opportunity to obtain your PhD in 5 years by giving you a temporary position for a period of 1.5 years, with extension for an additional 3.5 years after successful evaluation (for a total of 5 years). Gross salary per month € 2222,- in the first year rising up to € 2840,- per month in the fourth year. The PhD position is 0.75 FTE.
Additionally you will hold a lecturer position for a period of 1.5 years initially, with an extension for an additional 2.5 years after successful evaluation of your progress as a PhD candidate. The lecturer position is 0.25 FTE for a maximum of 4 years. We offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Dr. Nadia Bernaz, interim manager of the LAW group, telephone number +31 (0)317 481 690, email address: email@example.com.
You can apply online via our online application button until the 30th of June 2018.
- 5-page research proposal including area of focus, proposed research questions and methodology, and a draft bibliography (maximum 1 page).
- motivation letter
- curriculum vitae including degree certificates and abstract of master thesis
- The names and contact details of two people who can act as referees and can be contacted directly.
Review of applications will be done the week starting 23 July, and interviews will be held the week starting 30 July.