PhD Position 'Business models in insect value chains'
The protein supply for feed and food is critical for future food security. Do you want to contribute to the design and assessment of business models to …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The protein supply for feed and food is critical for future food security. Do you want to contribute to the design and assessment of business models to upscale the commercial production of high-quality insect proteins for food and feed?
The Business Economics (BEC) group starts up a PhD project focusing on risk management and business models in various European insect value chains. The project aims to analyse business operators' experiences in existing insect value chains and to design risk management strategies and viable business models for upscaling to commercial production. Strategies and business models consider stand-alone as well as collective and risk-sharing approaches. The project includes qualitative and quantitative research methods and should result in publishable research output.
We invite applications for the PhD position from candidates with:
- an MSc degree in a discipline relevant to the PhD project (e.g. agricultural economics, supply chain management, business innovation);
- proven excellent analytical and writing skills;
- knowledge of quantitative methods (e.g. economic modelling, stochastic simulation);
- knowledge of qualitative methods (e.g. structured interviews, focus groups);
- passion about research;
- affinity with risk finance and food and feed value chains is an advantage.
ConditionsWe offer a challenging, multi-disciplinary and future-oriented research project, embedded in a stimulating scientific environment.
In principle this is a 48 month PhD position. We offer you a temporary contract for 18 months which will be extended with 30 months if you perform well. Salary will increase from € 2325 gross per month in the first year up to € 2972 in the last year, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact prof. Miranda Meuwissen, +31 (0)317 483857 (email@example.com), or prof. Ine van der Fels-Klerx, +31 (0)317 481963 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General information about Business Economics can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Business-Economics-Group.htm
Please apply online via https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm.
To apply for this position upload your CV and a letter of motivation before November 11, 2019. Only applications via this Apply button will be considered.
The first job interviews will take place on 13 November 2019.