RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a post-doctoral scientist in the area of:
In this position you will participate in several projects on the development of microfluidic gut on a chip models, organoid culture systems and on food safety related aspects of nanoparticles. You will be expected to actively participate in the lab work and project management, write scientific papers and reports, interact with stakeholders and assist with acquisition of new projects in the area of food toxicology
- toxicological assessment of chemical contaminants and nanoparticles in food and feed
- development of animal-free models for safety testing
- PhD in food safety, (nano)toxicology or biomedical engineering
- Good technical, analytical and planning skills for performing and supervising lab experiments
- Broad experience with cell biology techniques (e.g. cell culturing, immunostaining, imaging, qPCR, transcriptomics)
- Good communications skills, a broad perspective and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and different projects
- Good writing, networking and acquisition skills, with a proven track record
An interesting and dynamic fulltime (36 hours a week) position as a scientific researcher, covering different topics, within a team of enthusiastic and involved colleagues. We offer a position for one year and possibilities for extension based on demonstrated performance. We offer a salary based on position and experience (max € 4253,- gross per month) in combination with excellent secondary employment conditions.
For more information about this position, please contact dr. Ad Peijnenburg (Group leader Toxicology) , phone +31 (0)317-480284 Ad.Peijnenburg@wur.nl
) or dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (BU manager Toxicology, Novel Foods and Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.email@example.com
Send your application through the webpage: https://www.wur.eu/career
. Please submit your application before April 23, 2018.