We are looking for
A post-doc researcher in global economic and social history who will receive a free role in the research program of the Rural and Environmental History Group at Wageningen University. He/she will be able to develop his/her personal research CV and will co-lecture two or three courses in economic, global and/or environmental history to social science students.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scholar, and a team player devoted to research and education in a highly international and interdisciplinary academic environment.
You also have:
- a PhD in history, economics or any other social science with a clear historical character.
- published internationally in refereed scientific journals.
- sufficient experience with economic/social history conference presentations.
- quantitative research skills, affinity with cliometrics.
- an international network which you are willing to expand.
- strong didactic skills and enthusiasm for teaching and working with (international) students in a variety of programmes.
- good organizational skills.
- fluency in English and Dutch.
- ambition to write grant proposals and obtain your own funding.
We offer you a temporary contract for 0,8 - 1,0 FTE, for one year with a possibility of extension to three or four years upon favourable evaluation. Gross starting salary € 3,475 to € 4,500 per month (scale 11), based on full time employment (38 hours a week) and dependent on expertise and experience.
How to apply?
To apply, please upload the following documents online via www.jobsat.wur.nl
, latest on Friday, June 29th, 2018
- Letter of motivation. Your letter should contain a brief synopsis of your education and research activities over the past three to five years.
- Your CV including a list of publications and courses taught.
- One or two reference letters.
- A brief outline of your research agenda for the coming 3 to 4 years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Ewout Frankema (firstname.lastname@example.org