Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doctoral researcher on Environmental Globalisation
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to explore the ways in which globalisation can be shaped to contribute to environmentally positive outcomes. You …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingWe are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to explore the ways in which globalisation can be shaped to contribute to environmentally positive outcomes. You will have a PhD in environmental sociology or geography with a demonstrated interest in how global trade, investment and international relations affect environmental policy and practice in the field of food, energy, climate and/or transport. Your research will take a comparative empirical approach to understanding how these policies and practices (involving China, Europe and the US) contribute to different modes of 'environmental globalisation' in both the global North and South. In doing so you will analyse the processes and practices as well as limits and constraints of environmental globalisation in achieving positive sustainability outcomes. Your work will contribute to the development of a new theoretical field working with a team of established environmental social science scholars.
You will also be a strong team player. The Environmental Policy Group is divided into five thematic research areas of food governance, marine governance, urban transformations, climate futures and environmental mobilities. You are expected to collaborate with colleagues across these themes in the development of environmental globalisation as a field of inquiry. Above all, you are a personable, social colleague willing to balance your personal interests with those of the group.
- A PhD degree in sociology, geography or another discipline relevant to environmental social science.
- An interest in innovating social theory for making sense of environmental policy, politics and practice through a globalisation lens.
- Experience with innovative quantitative research design and methodologies, especially integrating qualitative social science research is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- A willingness to design and carry out extensive international field-work.
- An emerging publishing record in peer reviewed international academic literature.
- Demonstrated interest or ability to work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- Proven capacity to develop an international network - desirably in and between China, Europe and/or the US.
ConditionsWe offer you a temporary postdoc position for 38 hours per week for 2 years (0.8 to 1.0 FTE possible). Gross Salary: max. € 3545,- per month in the first year based on full-time employment, with a yearly periodical increase. In addition we offer a holiday bonus 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus 8,3%.
Additional informationWould you like to know more about this vacancy? We will be more than happy to provide you with further information.
Please contact prof. Simon Bush, telephone number +31 (0)317 483310; e-mail address: email@example.com
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your letter of motivation and your CV online via our online application button before November 4, 2018.