Postdoc - assistant coordinator insects for feed
We are looking for a postdoc with ample experience in the field of insects for food or feed. You will assist the coordinator of the total research programme …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a postdoc with ample experience in the field of insects for food or feed. You will assist the coordinator of the total research programme in coordinating a challenging inter- and transdisciplinary research programme. This includes the organisation of consortium and stakeholder meetings, assisting with research supervision, reporting to partners and to the funding agency, translating research to stakeholders and the wider public and assisting in the general management of the research programme.
You are enthusiastic, proactive, like to work in an interdisciplinary team and have excellent communication skills (written as well as spoken) both regarding direct colleagues, as well as stakeholders and the wider public. You hold a PhD degree in Biology or Animal Sciences or a relevant field. We look for a candidate with a track record in the field of insects as feed and food and with management experience. You are curiosity driven and passionate about fundamental research in the context of working towards sustainable food and feed production. You have demonstrable experience in research coordination and management.
We expect the candidate to be proficient in the English language.This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page. Our postdocs are encouraged to supervise MSc thesis students when such opportunities arise and you will be involved in teaching activities.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3123,- to a maximum of € 4274,- per month for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities. Funding is secured for a four year position.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationInformation on the research: Prof. Marcel Dicke, email@example.com
Information on the selection procedure: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply up and until September 30, 2019
For this position you can only apply on line: www.wageningenur.nl/career
Don't email your application directly to the people mentioned above but use the website to apply.