Postdoc Biotechnology and Safety
Do you want to contribute to demonstrating the safety of productive new crops obtained by novel plant breeding techniques? Novel breeding techniques such as …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Do you want to contribute to demonstrating the safety of productive new crops obtained by novel plant breeding techniques? Novel breeding techniques such as CRISPR-Cas have several advantages over classical breeding, especially in crops with slow breeding progress. However, with the introduction of new technology, questions about safety in relation to unintended effects arise. Such questions can be addressed by comparing broad-spectrum -omics data profiles between the tested and traditional plants. In this project, you will work on new statistical safety assessment methods based on finding equivalences rather than differences, as an alternative to current regulatory risk assessment procedures. You will apply multivariate statistical modelling to transcriptomics and metabolomics data of classically bred and novel potato varieties. You will develop new and optimized statistical methods. The candidate will work in the Biometris department of Wageningen University & Research, and there will be collaboration with the department of Plant Breeding and with Wageningen Food Safety Research (WFSR).
For this role we are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- you have an PhD in statistics, mathematics, quantitative biology or any other direction with a strong quantitative component
- you have good programming skills
- you like to work in the area between biology and (multivariate) statistics
- you can work in multi-disciplinary teams and have good oral and written communication skills.
ConditionsA challenging position with experts from Biometris, Plant breeding and WSFR and depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3.123,- to a maximum of € 4.274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10). You will start preferably on November 1st 2019. The postdoc position is foreseen for 2 years.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus.
Additional informationDo you want more information?
For more information about this function, please contact Hilko van der Voet, email; firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com.
This vacancy is open until 15 September 2019.