3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Postdoc Computer Vision for Fisheries
Are you that enthusiastic computer-vision expert with a PhD and a passion to improve the sustainability of agriculture and fisheries?The fisheries sector …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you that enthusiastic computer-vision expert with a PhD and a passion to improve the sustainability of agriculture and fisheries?
The fisheries sector needs to further improve the ecological sustainability. One of the key components is to accurately register the catch. In the Fully Documented Fisheries project, we develop computer-vision applications for the automatic classification, counting and sizing of fish based on video cameras.
- You are a motivated researcher holding a PhD in the area of computer vision.
- You have a proven track-record in computer vision with real-world application.
- You enjoy the interaction, communication and collaboration with other researchers.
- You are an independent researcher that can take control over the project
- You are motivated by the fact that the developed technologies will be applied and tested on-board of fishing vessels.
- You have good oral and written communication skills, with publications in top journals and conferences.
- We encourage female researchers to apply.
- A temporary contract for 24 months. In addition, we offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8,3% of your annual salary.
- A competitive salary and flexible leave/holiday plan
- A 32-40 hours working week, which can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance.
- A fun and excellent research team with an international reputation in the application of computer vision in agriculture and fisheries, embedded in a life-science university.
- A collaboration within the Fully Documented Fisheries with researchers from different disciplines, as well as policy makers and fishermen.
- A good academic working atmosphere and an inspiring university campus.
- A professional and personal development program
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Gert Kootstra, Assistant Professor at the Farm Technology group, e-mail: email@example.com
For more information about the procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including 11 August 2021. We hope to schedule the first job interviews soon after this closing date.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.