Postdoc in dynamic modeling of human lipid metabolism
Do you have a PhD and looking for a Postdoc on Systems Biology? Do you have a strong background in dynamic modelling of metabolism. We are looking for a …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a PhD and looking for a Postdoc on Systems Biology? Do you have a strong background in dynamic modelling of metabolism. We are looking for a Postdoc in dynamic modeling of human lipid metabolism!
What will you be doing?
You will apply mathematical modelling to enhance our understanding on how different people respond to fat in a meal. Existing models of postprandial glucose and lipids levels based on ordinary differential equations allow to predict the impact of diet on the dysregulation of lipid metabolism. Existing models have been parametrized using direct measurements from triple-glucose tracer data and plasma measurements following oral glucose or lipid tolerance tests. Currently available models only represent population level data. Thus, changes in parameters representing inter- or intra-individual variations cannot be performed nor the simulations can be considered accurate for populations with different biological characteristics: age, health status, levels of physical activity or female.
In the "Me, my diet and me" project we have access to extensive datasets from previous human studies (over 500 subjects). The task will be to use the existing data to develop methods and algorithms to personalize the models so that we can predict the individual response of each individual to a simple meal. The final goal is to develop algorithms to suggest individually optimized dietary patterns using measured blood levels and clinical data.
- A PhD in Sytems Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics or related fields;
- solid knowledge and experience on simulating and parametrizing models based on ordinary differential equations;
- computational competences on FAIR data management and experience in interacting with experimentalists would be advantageous;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- the candidate will collaborate in a team with scientists at Chairs of Systems and Synthetic Biology and of Human Nutrition.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a salary from a minimum of € 2927,-. to a maximum of € 4274,-. for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10). This is a 2 years project that starts with a one year contract, and will be extended with another year after positive evaluation.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g.;
- the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicy-cle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationFor more information about this function you can contact Prof. Vítor Martins dos Santos, chair Systems and Synthetic Biology, telephone number +31 317482865. or by e-mail: email@example.com
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open until Friday 29th May 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature