Postdoc position in Infectious Disease Modeling
Postdoc position in Infectious Disease ModelingAre you looking for a postdoc position in infectious disease modeling on Sars-CoV-2 transmission? Are you …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingPostdoc position in Infectious Disease Modeling
Are you looking for a postdoc position in infectious disease modeling on Sars-CoV-2 transmission? Are you interested in mathematical modeling and data science? Do you want to work on an interdisciplinary team and contribute to the safe reopening of public spaces? We would like to get in contact with you.
We are looking for a postdoc in infectious disease modeling and data science to join the SamenSlimOpen consortium. In this consortium you will work together with virologists, epidemiologists, serious game designers, and experts in human mobility. You will use mathematical models and tools from gamification to investigate transmission in indoor spaces and specifically how changing compliance to distancing measures affects this. You will work in close collaboration with our end-users (e.g., restaurant owners, municipalities, and healthcare agencies) to inform the safe reopening of public spaces.
- A PhD or >5 years of work experience in a relevant field (epidemiology, mathematical biology, applied mathematics, computer science, physics)
- Interest in working on epidemiological questions of societal relevance
- Experience in mathematical modeling and machine learning
- Good programming skills in python, R
- Excited about working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Capable of communicating research to general public and end-users.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of
€ 2.790,- to a maximum of € 5.127,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10 / 11). We offer you a temporary contract for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g.
- the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationDO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this function you can contact Quirine ten Bosch, Assistant Professor, telephone +31 (0) 317 489 226 or by e-mail; email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure you can contact Ine van 't Land, Recruiter by e-mail e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including 27 October 2020. We want to plan the first online job interviews soon afterwards.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.