1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoc-position project PROFUTURE
Are you a social scientist who is interested in finding out what consumer think about eating algae?The European project Profuture is looking at the potential …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you a social scientist who is interested in finding out what consumer think about eating algae?
The European project Profuture is looking at the potential of algae as human food. Algae contain a lot of protein and can hence contribute to the human diet. However, algae are not a common ingredient of our diet.
Within the chair group Marketing and Consumer Behaviour (MCB) the project investigates cognitive and affective associations that consumers have with algae as food. Having these insights will help us to scope the potential of algae in human food. The project is done in close collaboration with partners in Belgium and Germany. This project is part of the sub-programme of MCB on consumer responses to new technologies and innovations in agriculture and food production.
We are looking for a team member for this project who can:
- Conduct qualitative studies to identify affective associations consumers have with alternative protein source.
- Conduct focus groups and/or interview to identify perceptions and preferences of consumers related to algae as human food.
- Provide input into the development of a consumer segmentation survey for a cross European study.
- A completed PhD in a relevant social science (e.g. social psychology, sociology)
- Motivation to contribute to innovations aimed at algae
- Skilled in qualitative research methods
- Good writing style
- Motivation to collaborate with international partners
ConditionsA challenging position of max. 16 months (1.0 fte) with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.709 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities. In addition, a part-time appointment is possible.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Dr Arnout Fischer, Associate Professor by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information about the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour group can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Marketing-and-Consumer-Behaviour-Group.htm
This vacancy is open until 12 October 2019. We aim to have the first job interviews in the week of 14 October 2019.