Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoc Reduction of N2O emissions in intensively managed grassland
A post-doctoral researcher to design, conduct and analyse greenhouse and field experiments aimed at reducing N2O emissions from intensively managed …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
A post-doctoral researcher to design, conduct and analyse greenhouse and field experiments aimed at reducing N2O emissions from intensively managed grasslands. The grasslands entail temperate grasslands composed of different plant species and plant species combinations and will be subjected to different climatic conditions. We look for a highly qualified researcher with good capability of coordinating large experiments and being able to work independently as well as in teams. Experience with quantification of aboveground and belowground plant traits, soil chemical, physical and biological parameters as well as with quantifying and analysing N2O emissions is essential.
Applicants for this post-doctoral position should hold a PhD in soil or plant ecology, microbial ecology or agronomy. We look for candidates with expertise in designing field and greenhouse experiments, applying plant and soil-related laboratory techniques, quantifying N2O emissions, conducting statistical analyses and scientific writing. Applicants should have an interest to collaborate at a multi-disciplinary level, within the team as well as internationally and be willing to spend several months abroad. Excellent communication and writing skills in English are considered important assets. Preferred starting date is mid-January 2020.
ConditionsA challenging position for 2 years with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3.389 per month (before tax) for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan.
Additional informationFor more information about this position please contact Prof. dr. ir. Gerlinde De Deyn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply submit a cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining your motivation and suitability for the project and your CV (max 4 pages) including names and contact details of two potential references. All these materials should be submitted via the online submission system. Deadline for applications is Monday 25 November 2019.