Postdoc RNA particle vaccine development for 2 years
In the past decades, the world has experienced a remarkable increase in the frequency and size of epidemics. These events have stimulated the development of platform technologies that enable the extremely rapid development of vaccines ...
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
In the past decades, the world has experienced a remarkable increase in the frequency and size of epidemics. These events have stimulated the development of platform technologies that enable the extremely rapid development of vaccines. Platform technologies that are based on RNA particles are particularly promising as they optimally combine safety with efficacy. WBVR scientists have developed a proprietary RNA particle technology that was previously shown to be highly efficacious in laboratory animals as well as in target species. WBVR is looking for a postdoctoral researcher who can develop and evaluate the technology further to render it suitable for commercial applications. The work will be performed at the Department of Virology of WBVR in close collaboration with BunyaVax BV (www.bunyavax.com).
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a demonstrated expertise in molecular virology, vaccine development and immunology. The postdoc will also be responsible for the design and performance of animal experiments. You will join a team consisting of two senior scientists, a veterinary pathologist, three technicians, a PhD student and several BSc/MSc students.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You contribute to a culture of scientific excellence and state-of-the-art vaccine development, vaccine characterization and production.
- You lead research focusing on the production, quality assurance, biochemical and immunological characterization of RNA particle-based vaccines and production related methodology development, supervising one to three technical assistants.
- You identify opportunities for RNA particle production and evaluations/improvements by scientific assessment and key quality parameter testing belongs to your tasks and responsibilities as well.
- You are involved in the coordination of external partnerships with academia and biotech on the manufacturing of the vaccines.
- You present scientific data and results at internal and external meetings.
- A PhD degree in a relevant field (Biology, Virology, Molecular Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Immunology or a comparable field);
- Experience in molecular biological research, and affinity to work with animals;
- A candidate who has a strong drive for experimental and applied research;
- Experience with immunological techniques is highly advantageous;
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and spoken);
- Willingness to supervise technicians;
- A certificate of conduct.
- A full-time position (36 hours) for two years, with a go-no-go decision for continuation after one year;
- A stimulating work environment and integration in a team of experts to develop on-the-job skills;
- The position is valued as WR researcher 3 (salary scale 11) with a maximum salary of € 4847,- gross a month, depending on education and experience.
Additional informationAdditional information:
For information regarding this job you can contact Jeroen Kortekaas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Riks Maas (email@example.com), head of the Virology Department.
How to apply
You can apply until February 28th. Please don't email directly to the persons mentioned above, but use the website of Wageningen University & Research: www.wur.nl/nl/Werken-bij/Vacatures.htm
Wageningen Bioveterinary Research in Lelystad is a knowledge organization with an international reputation in the field of animal health. The core activities feature scientific and practice-based research. The staff of about 250 highly qualified people undertakes research for a large group of clients. The research varies from specialist to multi-disciplinary. WBVR is part of Wageningen University and Research.