The Student Life Officer (SLO) is responsible for the development and management of the LUC residential life system. With teaching and living facilities …
Postdoc Social-ecological systems
We are looking for a postdoc to participate in a project that studies the practice of applying organic waste as a soil-quality improving technique by farmers. …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a postdoc to participate in a project that studies the practice of applying organic waste as a soil-quality improving technique by farmers. This practice has many potential advantages, but in spite of these not many farmers make use of it. Apparently, a combination of socio-psychological, economic, and legislation-related factors prevent farmers from a wide-scale adoption of the practice. We aim to look for ways that can trigger the uptake of the practice, and as such establish a viable social-ecological system.
The postdoc will collaborate intensively with two PhD candidates: one who studies how the soil system responds to (composted) organic waste application on field level and regional scale; and one who studies how the farmer community takes decisions regarding the uptake of the practice. The postdoc will be responsible for integrating the scientific models that are made by the PhD students. In addition, the postdoc will communicate with the societal partners involved (such as the Province of Gelderland) and as such ensure that their interests are sufficiently addressed by the work of the two PhDs. Together with the project manager, the postdoc will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project.
The research will be part of an NWO-funded research, within the program Closed Cycles.
We are searching for a highly motivated and skilled postdoc who should have:
- A PhD in social sciences or environmental sciences
- Experience with agent-based modelling; other programming languages are considered an asset
- Proven management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills (English and preferably also in Dutch)
- Affinity with working in an interdisciplinary team
- Preferably some experience in supervising PhD students
ConditionsWe offer you a full time temporary position for a period of 3 years. The appointment will be initially for 12 months. After satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be extended for a total duration of 3 years. Maximum salary amounts max. € 4757,- gross per month. Salary depends on relevant experience and knowledge
Additional informationAdditional information
Application process candidates should provide the following information in one file for their application:
- A detailed CV with covering letter which explains your suitability, competence and motivation for scientific research and the fellowship;
- A copy of the PhD diploma;
- Applicants who do not have Dutch as mother tongue should include a certificate (preferably CNaVT) proving the language ability in Dutch language at C1 level;
- A list of publications and/or presentations at meetings;
- Contact information of two referees.
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Martha Bakker , email: Martha.Bakker@wur.nl
Please do not send your application directly to Dr. Martha Bakker.