1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Project Leader Sustainability Assessment
Do you consider it a challenge to give direction and leadership to economic and sustainability research for companies in the agro-food cluster and …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Do you consider it a challenge to give direction and leadership to economic and sustainability research for companies in the agro-food cluster and governments?
We are looking for an economic researcher with a clear project management profile who specialises in measuring performance on the sustainability of agricultural products and supply chains. You are a sparring partner for our customers, and you can take knowledge questions that arise from the content - current practical knowledge of sustainability initiatives and a solid scientific foundation - and translate them into research projects and clear knowledge products for companies and governments. You will also jointly contribute to the further development of this research theme within Wageningen Economic Research.
To succeed in this role, you will need project management skills as well as a customer and results-orientated attitude, in addition to the required content expertise. As a project manager, you are the face of our organisation for customers and clients, and you ensure that you, together with the project team, can deliver high-quality knowledge within the agreed frameworks (time and budget). You will provide leadership on projects for national clients and partners as well as international projects.
The core activities in this project leader and research position include:
- Coordinating and directing of multiple research projects and project teams with other national and international partners.
- Making a guiding, substantial contribution to economic research in the area of sustainability measurement. (for example the drafting and implementation of LCAs, translating LCA methodology into case studies, developing sustainability initiatives/methodologies).
- Reporting and presenting research results in a clear manner, and on that basis, providing independent advice to the client in order to support the client in making responsible decisions.
- Actively maintaining customer relationships and expanding on the existing network of governments and policymakers, industry organisations and companies in the agro-food cluster as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- Translating customers' knowledge questions into economic research proposals, drafting project proposals in collaboration with other knowledge partners, presenting and discussing project proposals with national and international customers from both the public and private sector.
- The ability to think and work at an academic level, along with around ten years of relevant work experience and preferably a degree in economics, environmental economics or animal and plant sciences with a strong economic component.
- Current knowledge of and a vision for economic and sustainability issues in the agro-food cluster, including sustainability initiatives and methodologies.
- Affinity with and experience in quantitative research methods, statistical data analysis packages, LCA software (preferably Simapro).
- Extensive experience in leading national and international research consortia with a large number of partners in a unifying, results-orientated way.
- Extensive, relevant national and international network that includes the business community and industry organisations in the agricultural supply chain, the food industry, governments and other relevant stakeholders.
- A customer and market-orientated attitude and experience writing research proposals and procuring research assignments.
- International orientation and willingness to travel internationally.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written.
- Key personal characteristics or skills are: teamwork, communication, customer orientation, an entrepreneurial attitude, results orientation and the ability to cope with stress.
- We offer a challenging position in a Dutch and international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open work atmosphere, with ample opportunities for personal development.
- Depending on the precise content of the position, the appointment involves a position for 32 or 36 hours a week.
- This is a permanent position, whereby you start with a temporary contract.
- Extension of that contract depends on proven suitability and the scope of the order portfolio.
- The salary is between €3,670.00 and €5,509.00 gross per month, depending on experience (scale 12 of the Stichting Wageningen Research Collective Bargaining Agreement) on a full-time basis (36 hours).
- Wageningen Economic Research offers 23 days' holiday with the possibility to build up 25 extra compensation days with a 40-hour work week.
- Wageningen Economic Research also offers 8% holiday allowance and a fixed 3% year-end bonus.
- Wageningen Economic Research's special leave, parental leave and sick leave policies are well above average, as is the employer pension contribution.
- Good opportunities for training and education.
- This role is based in Wageningen (work location The Hague is negotiable).
Should you wish to receive more information about this vacancy, please contact Anita van der Knijff (Head of Performance & Impact Agrosectors group, telephone number: 070-3358181) or Joan Reijs (Business Developer and Senior Researcher Sustainability Measurement, telephone number: 070-3358326). Applications
The closing date for applications is 6 June 9 a.m. Please apply online via
Only applications via this apply button will be considered.
The first round of interviews will take place in The Hague on 11 June 2018.
The second round of interviews will take place in The Hague on 19 June 2018.